AC 360 is #1 at 10pm
Las Vegas Most Watched Debate on CNN.com So Far
According to Nielsen Fast National data, CNN's Las Vegas Debate (8:00p-10:00p*), moderated by Anderson Cooper, delivered 5.468 million total viewers and 1.651 million in the key demo 25-54. Last night's debate represents the second highest debate this season among total viewers (FNC’s 9/22 debate averaged 6.107 million).
CNN was, by far, #1 in the 8:00p-10:00p time period last night among cable news networks. CNN was top rated in both total viewers and in the key demo 25-54, topping second-place FNC by 163% among total viewers (5.468 million vs. 2.083 million) and 235% among P25-54 (1.651 million vs. 493k). CNN also out-performed third-place MSNBC by 632% among total viewers (5.468 million vs. 747k) and by 822% among P25-54 (1.651 million vs. 179k).
Compared to CNN’s recent Tampa Debate (9/12/11) this debate was up by +51% among total viewers (5.468 million vs. 3.613 million) and by +46% in the key demo 25-54 (1.651 million vs. 1.132 million).
*Fast National Data is representative of 8:00p-10:00p. Final Data will reflect actual debate time of 8:00p-9:52p.
AC 360 at 10:00pm:
• With a delivery of 2.244 million total viewers and 735k P25-54 viewers, AC 360’s 10:00p hour easily outperformed the cable news competition.
• Among total viewers, AC360’s 10:00p hour topped that of FNC by 13% (2.244 million vs. 1.991 million) and MSNBC by 122% (2.244 million vs. 1.009 million)
• Among P25-54, AC360’s 10:00p hour topped that of FNC by 43% (735k vs. 515k) and MSNBC by 172% (735k vs. 270k).
Las Vegas Most Watched Debate on CNN.com so far
• CNN delivered 601.3 thousand live video streams during the 8:00p-10:00p hours of the debate, 35% higher than Tampa, and over four times as high as New Hampshire.
• For the day, CNN served more than 3.9 million global video starts (live + VOD), a 38% increase over Tampa performance, and a 23% increase over New Hampshire performance.
• During the 8:00p-10:00p hours, CNN’s mobile web video views were 123% higher versus the prior four Tuesdays, 116% higher than Tampa and 60% over the New Hampshire debate.
• #CNNdebate trended globally on Twitter during the Las Vegas debate.