CNN continues to extend its commitment to providing innovative and unique user experiences by partnering with LiveABC Interactive Corporation to offer its first English learning mobile application for Windows phone users. Combining language learning with mobile technology, the new application for Chinese speakers leverages CNN's award-winning content for effective and efficient self-learning to users demanding accessibility and convenience.
"The launch of this learning application underlines our commitment to provide consumers in the Asia Pacific region with an innovative user experience," said Ringo Chan, Senior Vice President of Syndication, Wireless and Interactive Content Solutions & Distribution, Turner Asia Pacific. "CNN has been a leading English learning provider tailoring its award-winning content into different mediums, such as print in magazines and books and audio on CDROMs. We're now extending this onto a mobile platform, allowing users to enjoy the fun of English learning anywhere and anytime. Launching the application on Windows phone is our starting point. Our development team is also working to extend the service on other popular mobile platforms."
"We are excited about the partnership with CNN International," said Jerry Cheng, President, LiveABC Interactive Corporation. "Our company has been at the forefront in developing a vast array of language-learning solutions with professional editorial and R&D teams. There really is no better way to learn English than with quality news content from the world's most trusted news organisation."
The CNN English learning applicationfeatures include:
- CNN news video: Users watch their video of choice from a portfolio of CNN interviews with iconic personalities in the fields of arts, politics, sports and business, including Singapore's first Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew; investment guru Warren Buffett and fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld.
- Bilingual interchangeable subtitles: Both Chinese and English subtitles are available and can be added or removed whilst watching the video. Users can also choose their desired font size.
- Quizzes: A true or false quiz after each chapter is designed to help users improve their understanding of the language.
- Personalization: Users can choose to watch the whole video or repeat a specific sentence, maximizing the learning experience.
- Dictionary: Detailed definition and word meanings of new vocabulary with translation.
Source: CNN Press Release, May 4, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Posted by BookAsylum at 10:00 AM