Back during the Democratic debate last month Larry King was caught on a live mic making some comments in regards to the way the show was being run and it made me think to a few years back when CNN news anchor Kyra Phillips had an unfortunate incident involving the ladies room and a live microphone. Kyra accidentally left her mic on when she went to the ladies room while covering a speech by President Bush in New Orleans – and her family gossip was broadcast live. In case you didn’t see it...
Well I am a strong believer that the best way to get over an embarrassing moment is to laugh at yourself before people can laugh at you and that is what Kyra did when she appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman to give the Top Ten List on Tuesday August 30, 2005. Kyra showed she was a good sport in this funny explanation of her side of the story
Kyra Phillips's Top 10 list:
10. Still haven't mastered complicated on/off switch.
9. Larry King told me he does this all the time.
8. How was I supposed to know we had a reporter embedded in the bathroom.
7. I honestly never knew this sort of thing was frowned upon.
6. I couldn't resist a chance to win $10,000 on America's Funniest Home Videos.
5. I was set up by those bastards at Fox News.
4. Like you've never gone to the bathroom and had it broadcast on national television.
3. I just wanted that hunky Lou Dobbs to notice me.
2. Okay, so I was drunk and I couldn't think straight.
1. You have to admit, it made the speech a lot more interesting
I have to say I am pretty impressed with how Kyra made a situation that could have been really horrible into something hopefully she can laugh out loud now. Hope you enjoyed this trip down CNN memory lane!