In today's post:
- In The Money
- Larry King Live Scheduling Update
- Campbell Brown Update
- Answer to Friday's Mystery Journalist
Today, I wanted to take a look at one of the shows that airs over the weekend. CNN's original programming isn't just Monday through Friday. This week's show: In the Money, which is host by Christine Romans and Ali Velshi. CNN's website describes the show as: There's a lot of money out there. How can you land your stake? "In The Money" breaks down the business news of the week and shows you how it impacts your bottom line.
This week's show covered a variety of business related topics including:
- With speculation that New York City's mayor, Michael Bloomberg, will run for president as an independent candidate, it raises the question, would a CEO be better than a career politician?
- A discussion with Richard Florida from George Mason University & Creative Class Group (founder). Florida argues that the more gay friendly a city is, the more prosperity a city will enjoy. The theory is that open minded kids will move to communities that are more open minded and open to diversity. Successful businesses will move to or start up in these same areas.
- In the What Works segment: Miles O'Brien reports on the carbon footprints of common companies. To view the report cards on the various companies examined, you can go to the Climate Counts website.
- In View from the Top: Velshi interviews Glen Senk, CEO of Urban Outfitters.
- A review of the new iPhone and a demonstration of a new service available for G3 phones, video share.
- In Life After Work: A look at a retired FBI agent who writes fiction and teaches poker players how to read other player's tells.
In the Money airs 1 p.m. ET Saturday and 3 p.m. ET Sunday.
And what was Time Warner's scorecard on the Climate Counts website?
Larry King Live Scheduling Update
- Wednesday, June 27's show will now be A TV exclusive: Paris Hilton talks to Larry King in her first interview since her release from jail!
- Wednesday's show was originally slated to be: Michael Moore takes your calls and e-mails! Watch his first prime-time interview on his controversial new film, "Sicko". No mention on the website when or if Moore will be rescheduled.
- Thursday, June 28's show will be Former Secretary of State Colin Powell: He's hardly spoken since he stepped down, now a rare sit-down with Powell on America, the world and more.
- Friday, June 29's show will be Isaiah Washington in his first TV interview since being fired from 'Grey's Anatomy' after using an-anti gay slur. He tells his side of the story. Plus, actor/comedian Robin Williams joins Larry
Larry King Live airs daily at 9:00 p.m. ET.
Congratulations to CNN All Access podcast which celebrated its 1 year anniversary. In CNN All Access podcast, CNN's correspondents, anchors and production staff take you behind the scenes for an unfiltered, behind-the-scenes look at how the news is brought to you.
Campbell Brown Update
No, there is still no confirmation on whether or not Campbell Brown will be joining CNN when her contract with NBC expires. But, she did make another type of big announcement this morning on the Today Show. Brown and her husband Dan Senor are expecting a baby. Congratulations!
The picture is from a New York Times article of their April 2, 2006 wedding taken by Denis Reggie.
In Friday's post, I asked if you could identify this CNN journalist:
As promised, I have an answer for you tonight.
It's American Morning's John Roberts.
On additional note, if you haven't checked out Roberts' bio page on CNN's website recently, its been updated to reflect his new role anchor role on American Morning.