Sunday, April 20, 2014
Posted by The ATC Team at 5:00 AM
Friday, April 18, 2014
Posted by The ATC Team at 12:54 PM
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
- ABPU, which launched its third season on Sunday, April 13 at 9pm ET with an episode featuring “Punjab, India” delivered 325k P25-54, besting Fox News Channel by +108% and MSNBC by +333%
- “Punjab” is the highest-rated season premiere episode of the series in the demo, surpassing the 242K for the season two premiere by +34% (Jerusalem, 9/15/13) and season one premiere by +15% (Myanmar, 4/14/13)
- ABPU delivered 735k P2+, up +8% vs. season 2 premiere
- MSIM, which began its second season on Sunday, April 13 at 10pm ET with an episode dedicated to "Celebrity," delivered 244K P25-54, leading MSNBC by +83% and Fox News Channel by +139%.
- "Celebrity" topped the first season premiere ("Marijuana" 6/23/13) by +11% in the P25-54 demo and ranks as the series' highest rated telecast, also in the demo.
- MSIM drew 437K P2+, an increase of +4% vs. season 1 premiere
Posted by The ATC Team at 2:22 AM
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Posted by The ATC Team at 2:34 AM
Thursday, April 10, 2014
The cable news network announces its new lineup at upfronts in New York CNN is bailing on its 9 p.m. talk show tradition by installing a rotating lineup of shows and specials in place of the departed “Piers Morgan Live.”
Starting this summer, specials like Dr. Sanjay Gupta's “Weed” and Anderson Cooper's “The Survivor Diaries” will share the hour with new shows starring Mike Rowe, John Walsh and Lisa Ling.
CNN also plans a new 10 p.m. nightly news show “CNN Tonight,” featuring a rotating roster of hosts.
CNN also renewed the Peabody and Emmy-award winning “Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown” for an additional four cycles in 2015 and 2016 and renewed “Morgan Spurlock Inside Man” for another cycle in 2015. CNN has also entered into a development deal with the producers of “Chicagoland” in which they will turn their focus to another American City. (They previously examined Newark, N.J. in the Sundance series “Brick City.”) The new show from “Dirty Jobs” host Mike Rowe is entitled “Somebody's Gotta Do It.”
CNN announced its new slate from at an upfront presentation to advertisers that tried to present a new, cooler CNN. The network chose a location in New York's nightclub district — next to the strip club Scores — and the vibrant color scheme highlighted CNN's red and white. Madonna pumped from the speakers as guests drank cocktails while finding their red and white seats.
CNN is enjoying a recent ratings upswing. Though it's relentless and sometimes speculative coverage of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has brought mockey from Jon Stewart, it has also brought curious viewers. “The best journalism is, at its core, great storytelling,” said CNN Worldwide president Jeff Zucker. “We are so pleased to welcome some of the finest storytellers in the business to CNN, to join the award-winning team of world class journalists and storytellers who have made CNN the home to this kind of quality programming for more than 30 years. The seamless integration of original series and live news coverage, which has been on display the last two months, is the foundation of our new primetime lineup.”
By Joseph Kapsch
Here are the new shows, as described by CNN:
The Hunt with John Walsh, a documentary-style, non-fiction program will take advantage of Walsh's unique statue and perspective in television journalism and will tell stories of ongoing international criminal investigations in which the suspect is a fugitive at large. Through interviews with victims, loved ones and law enforcement and the exploration of new leads, The Hunt will provide the public with salient information to help in the fugitive's apprehension. (Produced by Zero Point Zero Productions)
Posted by The ATC Team at 4:49 PM
Friday, April 4, 2014
Posted by The ATC Team at 5:39 PM